Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Seattle Washington United States of America
Hotwire

Hotwire Hotwire: Misleads with Distances or when one mile is two. Internet

Next week I am flying into a unfamiliar city late at night and booked a hotel on Hotwire.  They listed the hotel as between .2 and 3.2 miles from the airport.  Once the hotel name and address was revealed I used google maps and depending on the route it was 4.2-4.8 miles.  Likewise, I got a similar result on the Hotel's website.

I pasted this information into an e-mail and said that the distance was not as advertised.  The response I received was that the distance was not driving distance, but as the crow flies.  Since I am lacking wings and I can find nothing disclosing this on the website, I believe this is deceptive advertising.

Hotwire then explained their policies and why they could not cancel the transaction.  I certainly see a huge difference in making a purchase based on incorrect information vs. being disappointed with the result.  Again, I cannot find anything on their website saying that distances are not driving distances, but as the crow flies.    Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Hotwire-Misleads-with-Distances-or-when-one-mile-is-two-Internet-948880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire