Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — jacksonville Florida United States of America
Hotwire

Hotwire Hotwire is a rip off , Internet

Do not use a car rental through Hotwire!  They advertise "lowest rates", but in our case, they only checked with Hertz for their "Lowest rate".. they also stated cars were in short supply (Hawaii)  and their rate was the lowest.

My daughter had checked with them and decided to get the car before they are all gone.  I then double checked with Alamo.. for the same location, same pick up and drop off times, same dates, and same type of car (all identical)  Alamo was half the price that Hotwire gave me.  I complained... but because we weren't outside the 48 hour cancellation window (we made the reservation within the 48 hour time period).. they refused to price match (asked directly) refund our money or make any arrangements whatsoever.  I spoke with a supervisor.. same results... no adjustments , no price match, no refund. When I asked about the lowest price guarantee.. they said it was the lowest price that Hertz had.  I pressed the issue with Alamo, eventually he said that they did check with Alamo (they lied as Alamo's rates didn't change in the past 24 hour  time slot) It would be one thing if they were a few dollars more expensive.. I wouldn't have wasted my time  writing this complaint.. but they charged TWICE THE AMOUNT Alamo was charging.. their LOW PRICE GUARANTEE...is pure b.s.  Customer service is terrible and has no interest in doing right by the customer.  No one in our family will ever use Hotwire again (we have several times in the past without problems).. and I surely hope you won't use them either.. they are not a reputable organization !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Hotwire-is-a-rip-off-Internet-1024628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire