Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Reported By: Dorothy — San Antonio Texas
Hotwire
Internet USA

Hotwire Hotwire will mislead customers to bill twice  Internet

I made a car rental reservation through Hotwire in my husband's name. He fell and broke a rib 6 days before reservation date while in another state, and when I arrived at Frenso airport, Hertz refused to rent the car to me since reservation was in my husband's name.

Hotwire rep told me by phone I could send medical documentation in to get a refund, so I rebooked through Hotwire at a higher price. Had I known that Hotwire would make it almost impossible to get a refund and refuse to respond to specific points or questions in my emails, I would not have booked the second reservation with them.

Later when we submitted 3 pages of discharge records showing that my husband had broken a rib and was on narcotics, Hotwire refused to accept this, insisting on a letter on the doctor's or hospital letterhead saying my husband was unable to travel. As if it takes a medical license to determine that a broken rib 6 days prior and presently taking Class 2 narcotics should prevent someone from driving a rental car.  I argued that even if he had traveled with me he would not have been able to drive since he was on narcotics. I also pointed out that this itinerary was for car rental only, and was followed by a reservation in my name. Hotwire never responded to this specific points, simply asked for a formal letter saying my husband could not travel on the dates in question. They showed no concern whatsoever for the fact that we paid for this car rental twice.

Hotwire sent the same canned response when I asked if a letter from the physician saying my husband could not drive would suffice for a refund.

Howire misleads customers about getting refunds for medical problems so that they can charge twice for the same reservation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2013 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Hotwire-will-mislead-customers-to-bill-twicenbsp-Internet-1088080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire