Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Sarasota Florida
Hotwire
Internet USA

Hotwire Hotwire.com Company charged me $211. immediately for a future car rental and would not allow a change or cancellation less than 48 hours later Internet

*Consumer Comment: Received a response email from Hotmail

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You assumed wrong

A car rental (Alamo) was booked through Hotwire with the rental to be used locally while my car was going to be in the repair shop. When I was notified by the shop that the parts would not arrive in time, I called Hotwire immediately. Since it'd been less than 48 hours since the booking was made, and the rental was over three weeks in the future, I assumed they would allow me to change/cancel the reservation.

I was informed that none of that mattered because it was a "hot deal" and therefore I would lose the $211. Be forewarned if you book with Hotwire you are basically screwed. I will never book anything with them again as they are greedy ripoff artists. SPREAD THE WORD: Don't EVER book with HOTWIRE. Book directly with the rental company because any savings, if it all, is not worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Hotwirecom-Company-charged-me-211-immediately-for-a-future-car-rental-and-woul-1095998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire

Received a response email from Hotmail

AUTHOR: BeckyGrace - ()

This is the response I received.  I have tried 4 times to call them to discuss this matter and no one will answer the line or I get 45 minutes of music and then the line goes dead.  I don't know what else to do about this matter.  Please help me.

Dear Becky,

Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your reservation with Hertz at the Boise Airport, scheduled for pick up on September 27, 2014, Hotwire itinerary 3946841085. I understand you want to cancel this reservation because it was made by mistake. I would like to provide information with this matter.

To ensure we can provide the most expedient resolution, we would like to discuss this with you in more details. Please contact us by phone to speak with our Customer Care Associates directly. We will be happy to review your situation and to clarify our policies and procedures.

So that we may best respond to your issue, please call 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473) to speak with a Customer Care Associate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Thank you for choosing Hotwire.

Sincerely,

Mylene T.
Hotwire Customer Care

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You assumed wrong

AUTHOR: Hotwich - ()

When booking, you agree that the booking is FINAL. In all senses of the word, this is true. It doesnt matter WHEN you booked it, it's non refundable and in order to get that low rate, thats what you agree to. You're not above the rules, you wanted a great deal and you got it.