Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Submitted: Sun, July 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By: Deborah — Manhattan Beach California United States of America

Hotwire Hotwire.com Hotwire rips off consumers Internet

Hotwire's webite deceptively represents hotels on its "Priceline" section of its website.  They misrepresent the locations and the comparable hotels.  In our case, we booked 4 rooms in a hotel that was supposed to be equivalent to a Ramada Inn or Howard Johnson's.

When our guest arrived there were cockroaches in the rooms and a door had been kicked in and the repair was not sufficient to completely lock the door.  The hotel was on a busy street so this made our guest stay up most of the night wondering if someone would come through the door.  We moved our guests to another hotel after one miserable night.

When I called Hotwire to get a possible refund, it was explained to me that because my guests did not complain to the hotel and try to get other rooms (like the cockroaches wouldn't be in that one), I could not get a refund.  They said they guarantee a clean and safe room.  These rooms were neither and I got no refund.  As far as I'm concerned this is a rip-off.

In another case, I booked a room in San Diego with someone who had mobility issues.  I booked it as close as I could guess to our conference center.  It was two trolley stops away from our conference center with a transfer of trolleys.  Also, the hotel sat right next to a railroad and was in a landing pattern for the airport.  We got no sleep.  It was also dirty.  I will never use Hotwire again and suggest that no one else do so either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2012 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Hotwirecom-Hotwire-rips-off-consumers-Internet-912530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire