Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Reported By: Courageous lady — Live Oak California United States of America
Hotwire

Hotwire Offers insurance for cancellation or change , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Jackie, Help Team

I used Hotwire as recommended by friends for a recent trip to visit my mom While she undergoes cancer treatments. She had an appointment at the adjoining cancer center. I knew from experience that the doctor appointment dates could change. So, I purchased the insurance sold through Hotwire in the reservation process by a partner, Allianz, "in the event of cancellation or change to your accommodations". One day before my scheduled travel, I needed to change my reservation. I was told by Hotwire that they couldn't help me, and that all sales were final. I called Allianz, and they said that the insurance only covered "a medical emergency".
The only reason anyone would buy travel insurance like this would be for a change or cancellation to their travel plans. They sold it under this guise. I believe this is a misrepresentation of the true intent. While they sent me a confirmation with all of the attachments that a person could cancel the insurance within 10 days of the purchase, I honestly did not read through all of that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-Offers-insurance-for-cancellation-or-change-Internet-959077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire

Jackie, Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hello -

Jackie from the Help Team here.  Were sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, and that we were unable to provide you with coverage.  I dont know the exact details of your case, but please note that travel insurance is like any other insurance in that there are terms, conditions and exclusions that affect coverage.  We provide the 10-day Satisfaction Guarantee you referenced to give our customers the opportunity to review their purchased insurance plan, so if they believe that it may not meet his or her needs, they can cancel their policy and receive a full premium refund.

One again, were sorry we were unable to provide you with coverage, and wish you the best in your future travels.

Regards,