Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Reported By: Reese's — Georgia
Hotwire
Internet USA

Hotwire misleading Internet

I went to hotwire.com and searched for car rental deals.  I wasn't satisfied with the amounts that were given.  Well with hotwire you may set up a trip watch (when prices drop) and they will email you.  Okay after setting the trip watch, mind you I live in Georgia, I was emailed 2 days later with a weekly price of 78.00 total taxes included, so of course I jumped on it.  A few days afterwards I checked my credit card balance and noticed that I was charged 121.00, of course I called hotwire and they stated that the price (78.00) was in British Pounds and because it was a hot rate they could not refund my money (total ripoff).  But, to top it off when I went to pick the vehicle up I had to pay another 350.00 in order to rent the vehicle.  I will never use hotwire again and if I just had to I will read every single word on the site and I would recommend having an attorney present.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/internet/Hotwire-misleading-Internet-1053312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire