Complaint Review: Hotwire

• Reported By:monterey park California
Hotwire
hotwire.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Hotwire GET SMART, NEVER GIVE BUSINESS TO HOTWIRE hotwire.com internet

NEVER GIVE BUSINESS TO HOTWIRE AGAIN !!!

---BEWARE---

READ THEIR POLICIES / FAQ:

Q: What if my plans change and I don't need my reservation?

A: Once you click the "Book Trip" button and complete your transaction, the hotel reservation is yours to keep. Your credit card will be charged for the total amount shown, regardless of whether or not you check in to the hotel. All bookings made through Hotwire are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred.

I reserved my hotel and car rental to vancouver. Flight cancelled because of the weather. I E-mail hotwire that I need to cancel my resercation and they tell me that it is no-refund or exchange as the following email:

"I understand you need to cancel your hotel and car rental booking due to flight cancellation. We are committed to getting you the best deals possible. Because of the extremely low rates offered by our supplier partners, refunds,exchanges, transfers or changes are not available. Our partners are able
to offer Hotwire these great rates only if customers guarantee that they will use the originally booked reservation. This enables our partners to better manage their unsold inventory."

I think this is not fare to pay them thousand dollars for nothing. Moreover, you can cancel any goods you order via the Website within 7 days of receipt of the goods, unless the goods are ones which were clearly personalized to your requirements, by their nature cannot be returned or are otherwise goods for which no right of cancellation exists under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

I don't think the hotel room and the rental are personilized to me. So I should not pay them for nothing.

>>> BEWARE, NEVER GIVE THEM BUSINESS OR YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO LOST YOUR OWN MONEY <<<

Paul
monterey park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwire/nationwide/Hotwire-GET-SMART-NEVER-GIVE-BUSINESS-TO-HOTWIRE-hotwirecom-internet-404735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire