receives

• Submitted: Sat, May 23, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 23, 2009

• Reported By:Harveys Lake Pennsylvania
Hotwire.com
655 Montgomery St Ste 600, San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Hotwire.com Hotwire Biggest Travel Scam San Francisco California

Do not complete a hotwire.com transaction. Hotwire claims that you will get the best price for services that are categorized but not disclosed. Under the false pretense that you will get the best possible price from the best possible provider you may be willing to commit to a non-refundable, non-alterable transaction. Hotwire does not tell you who you are buying services from and any specifics until you commit.

In my case the when I was told what I purchased the I realized the services were misrepresented and I had no way of canceling or altering the transaction or getting human interaction from hotwire. Most important, when I got the specifics, wothin minutes I found I was paying a higher price than what the hotel or other sites like Expedia, Travelocity & Orbitz were quoting for the exact same product for the exact same dates. I also realized I could have booked a much better hotel in the same vicinity for less but now committed to the highest price and lower quality product with absolutely no chance of canceling or altering the purchase.

Most important, they market their "double-difference" price guarantee which is non-existent. Within minutes I sent claims through their web system with proof that I paid a significantly higher price. There was no response and when filing a Better Bureau claim they responded that they never got them - although I had the e-mail transactions to prove they did.

In summary, you will be paying a higher price for a service provider you do not know and cannot cancel or alter the purchase. The whole thing is a scam. You will do much better booking through a reputable site (Expedia, Orbitz, Travelcity) where you know exactly what you are paying for, you will get an actual price guarantee, and get human interaction and service. This was a $1,233.00 mistake on my part. Do not let this happen to you.

Stephen
Harveys Lake, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2009 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/San-Francisco-California-94111/Hotwirecom-Hotwire-Biggest-Travel-Scam-San-Francisco-California-454657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com