Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Reported By: Dpcowboy — Alpine California
Hotwire.com
Internet USA

Hotwire.com Continual internet scam! Internet

Hotwire has long been an asset to travelers....but they have become sophisticated, and probably because of that, are only looking for your dollars....they are NOT the good deal that we think they are, or that we hope to receive:

Case in point:

I am doing a two night/three day trip to the San Francisco Bay area in July, 2013. I decided to use Hotwire to search for hotels, for one night in San  Francisco, and the following night in San Jose, or some point south of San Jose.

After some effort, I was able to book the hotel in San Francisco for the night of 7/8/2013.  For six consecutive days, I received emails from Hotwire telling me that prices had dropped (!) and that I should look at their rates again. Even though I had already booked through Hotwire, I did look at the rates, and ....well, well...all of the discounted rates were the same as what I had previously viewed, but all of them were also for days prior to my scheduled trip!  Yet, the same enticing email refers to my trip days (7/8-9/2013).  They are trying to bait ther established customers into changing their travel dates to (supposedly) get a lower fare, but the fare isn't lower!

Then, I booked the next day on my trip (7/9), again via Hotwire. the same thing happened...for five days, I received an email every day from Hotwire advertising NEW LOW RATES!  The email lists my trip dates accurately, but the rates available are only for the days preceding my trip!  To top it off, today I received an email from Hotwire advertising a new, even lower rate (this time for the correct date of my final night (7/9))...except that the rate they offer (with a 'button' that says "Show Me!" is not to be found once I looked for the actual hotel/rate. It was a complete waste of time and a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2013 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-Continual-internet-scam-Internet-1065087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com