Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Reported By: KHM — New Jersey
Hotwire.com
Internet USA

Hotwire.com Expedia NO BED FOR TEENS. OK TO SLEEP ON FLOOR I GUESS Internet

*Author of original report: Hotel provides resolution at their own cost

I booked a room in NYC through Hotwire.com for myself, my husband and my teenage daughter. We were placed in a room at the Omni Berkshire Hotel. I then checked the Omni website to see what their prices were and noticed they only have King size beds available. I called Omni who confirmed they only have King beds available but could check for any double bed rooms upon checkin.

Since there is no guarantee that my daughter will have a bed I called Hotwire for a refund. I was told that HOTWIRE DOES NOT SUPPLY A BED FOR A CHILD ( up to 17 years old). If I wanted a bed for my teen I should have put down three adults even though a child is up to 17 years old. They refuse to give a refund even though there is no warning that they do not supply a bed for anyone 17 years or younger. I was told I could call back on the night of check in if they couldn't give her a bed even though right now they confirmed with the hotel that there are no double rooms available but there may be a rollaway for a fee of $30. Rollaways are usually filthy and I would never have booked a hotel for three people through Hotwire if it was clear on their website that no bedding is given to children 17 or younger.

Priceline is very clear that they supply bedding for only two people. Hotwire asks how many people are in the room and nowhere on its website does it state that they only give two double beds for all adults and DO NOT SUPPLY ANY BEDDING FOR 17 OR YOUNGER.

IT IS DISGUSTING THAT HOTWIRE MUST EXPECT TEENS TO SLEEP IN THE BED WITH THEIR PARENTS AS THEY DO NOT CONSIDER CHILDREN WORTHY OF SUPPLYING BEDS FOR.

HOTWIRE HAS A FRAUDULENT BOOKING SITE THAT ASKS FOR THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE (YES I AM QUALIFYING CHILDREN AS PEOPLE) AND THEN DOES NOT SUPPLY THE PROPER AMOUNT OF BEDDING.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-Expedia-NO-BED-FOR-TEENS-OK-TO-SLEEP-ON-FLOOR-I-GUESS-Internet-1069039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com

Hotel provides resolution at their own cost

AUTHOR: KHM - ()

UPDATE:

The manager at the Omni Berkshire was very professional and has made a note that we are requesting a double room and will provide us with a rollaway at no cost to us. He assured me that they provide excellent rollaways. Hotwire is lucky that their vendors are willing to make up for their own deceptive website.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC