Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Reported By:Provo Utah
Hotwire.com
www.hotwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Hotwire.com HOTWIRE SCREWS FIREFIGHTER!!! Internet UTAH

*Consumer Comment: Have you ever?

I booked a plane ticket through hotwire.com for a flight for my honeymoon. Because of the swine flu epidemic I have been required to alter my plans. I called hotwire.com and they said they would work with me in changing my travel plans, they stated there would be a $100 service charge for the change. I agreed to the $100. Because I work for a Fire Dept and was on shift at the time I ended the call and called back as soon as my shift was over (less than 24 Hours Later). I call back in and they informed me that the fee would now be $300. They are unwilling to change the amount to the original agreement and are currently holding my honeymoon hostage.

I warn all consumers to stay away from Hotwire.com

They are dirtbags.

Thanks

Matt
Provo, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2009 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-HOTWIRE-SCREWS-FIREFIGHTER-Internet-UTAH-450246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com

Have you ever?

AUTHOR: Vince - (U.S.A.)

Have you ever booked an airline ticket before?
It is not just hotwire. Prices change by the minute based on demand. Hotwire buys from the airline then sells to you (in most cases)

Not a ripoff. You are misinformed on how airfares and flexibility works.