Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 19, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 25, 2012

• Reported By: Sophie — Los Angeles California United States of America
Hotwire.com

Hotwire.com I booked a business trip to a conference in October the gentleman taking the resevation was in India (another outsourced job). I had already booked the hotel and he booked the flight a month early. Ho No Address Listed, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Reply

Hotwired is the most unreputable travel company!! I booked a flight for a business trip and I was speaking to a man in India he continued to make the mistake of the wrong date. I had to correct him several times, finally on the final confirmation with Hotwiret he got it right, but he still booked the wrong dates a month earlier than my hotel reservation. When I contacted Hotwire they said they would be happy to change it if I paid $545. additional.

I refused and requested a supervisor and requested they review the voice recording. I was told that it would take 3 days, I received a call within 3 hours to call them back. When I finally got someone on the phone they said they reviewed the tape and I would have to pay. I asked them if I booked my hotel on the dates in October why would I be flying and returning home before the conference.

They said they could do nothing. I requested the recording they said I would have to get a subpena and get an attorney. It is Hotwire error and they know they were at fault. Why else would they refuse to send me the recording, if they were in the right they would have surely want to prove it. Everything is digital, with email capability.

Hotwire offers great deals but they will scew you in the end!!! How they have an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau I find it hard to believe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-I-booked-a-business-trip-to-a-conference-in-October-the-gentleman-taking-the-943475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com

AUTHOR: Christopher - (United States of America)

I am a frequent Hotwire customer and I have never had an issue with them that couldn't be resolved somehow. That being said, I do feel this was very wrong of them. It is sort of common sense that you would book your trips on the same dates, not a month earlier and I have spoken to their sales before in India as well for help booking but I almost always book online myself, next time just book yourself online. I do wish companies would stop outsourcing to other countries, for an American company, they should stay in America.