Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — United States of America
Hotwire.com

Hotwire.com Special car rental upgrade, Internet

I used Hotwire.com to book my trip. I used the package deal,airfare and car rental. When I booked the car on line I asked for the biggest car available or a mini van. I was quoted a price of 14.95 a day and that was 4.95 more then the rental advetisement of any car for 10.00 a day. I was willing to pay more for the van so thought all was ok. I got the paperwork and it said "special car" economy or bigger.

So again I thought I was covered. Got to the airport after a red-eye flight and had to argue with the woman who said " you got the surprise deal". She I'd that ment you get the car we have the most of. Small compact..in Orlando with all the families coming in, a van is a high price deal. I ended up paying double 230.00 to 430.00 for 10 days. Customer service just repeated my own words, i wrote in my complaint, and never really answered my concerns. So don't use Hotwire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-Special-car-rental-upgrade-Internet-941694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com