Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Updated: Thu, August 25, 2011

• Reported By: chrarneea — Eugene Oregon United States of America
Hotwire.com

Hotwire.com Unsanitary room, lacked listed amenities Internet

I recently bought a hotel room on Hotwire.com for 1 night in Wilsonville, OR. It said it was a 2 star hotel similar to a Days Inn or a La Quinta Inn and had the following amenities: breakfast and high speed Internet. The hotel was Super 8.

I got to the hotel and checked in. When I entered my room I was shocked to see that there was black mold in the drains, pink mildew in the toilet and flat nasty pillows. Additionally, Internet was not connecting and when I asked I was told that they did NOT have high speed Internet. We could not get a different room due to some convention. Awful experience.

When we contacted Hotwire we got a canned response and they were not willing to help or offer any kind of refund. They did not even want to see the pictures of the unsanitary room - this is despite the fact that they guarantee a clean, comfortable stay (the only thing they guarantee). Also, a representative LIED to us and said high speed Internet was not a listed amenity. We still have our confirmation where it is in fact listed. Horrible experience, we will never use them again recommend you don't either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2011 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-Unsanitary-room-lacked-listed-amenities-Internet-769414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com