Complaint Review: Hotwire.com

• Updated: Mon, September 22, 2003

• Reported By:Seminole Florida
Hotwire.com
hotwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Hotwire.com ripoff booked wrong state Internet

PLEASE AVOID! I searched several sites for hotel rates in Medford NY. It wasn't until after they posted my credit card information was I given the hotel name, address and number. At that exact moment I realized the mistake (Medford, OR)and looked for a contact number to have problem resolved.

After I could not find a physical number I contacted my credit card company and they found their number on rip-off.com, the customer service rep 3-wayed a call to hotwire.com and we spoke with an unpleasant woman who insisted that she could not refund my $ because it CLEARLY states the state, but offered another hotel (in NY) at almost double the rate.

I was told that my money would be refunded after the second room was booked. It is my feeling that hotwire.com is in business to do exact what just happened. They book hotels in the incorrect areas and then offer a hotel in your area at a higher rate...

Kristi
Seminole, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2003 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hotwirecom/internet/Hotwirecom-ripoff-booked-wrong-state-Internet-67384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hotwire.com