meat

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:Madison Wisconsin
House Of Brides
www.houseofbrides.com Glen Ellyn, Illinois U.S.A.

House Of Brides Has Terrible Customer Service Did not receive dress, they wanted me to pay double shipping! Glen Ellyn Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Assistance

I ordered my bridesmaid dress back in April. I still have not received it as of July 28th, 2008.

The post office returned my dress back to their office claiming it was "undeliverable" although the address I provided was correct. Joan no-last-name even told me that I gave the correct address.

They will not ship me my dress until I pay ANOTHER $20 for shipping. I told them that I already paid to ship it, I'm not paying twice.

I have received NO apology from them, they are rude and not helpful at all. The first lady I spoke with was very nice to me, I wish I could remember her name. I sent a large e-mail to this mysterious Joan only to get a two-sentence reply. NO explanation.

This company has no dignity, and does not know the meaning of customer service. I am very upset.

Helen accused me of giving them the wrong address and said it was my fault. They are keeping my dress until I pay them money, even though I already paid to ship it.

Do not buy from this company. The discount is not worth the service you receive.

Gophergal
Madison, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/House-Of-Brides/Glen-Ellyn-Illinois/House-Of-Brides-Has-Terrible-Customer-Service-Did-not-receive-dress-they-wanted-me-to-pay-356621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on House Of Brides

Customer Assistance

AUTHOR: X - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. House of Brides strives for excellence in customer service to ensure our customers' satisfaction.

House of Brides was established in 1929 and has since grown to 6 full-service bridal stores assisting over 30,000 customers annually. We also have our international website, www.houseofbrides.com, which receives 10 million unique yearly visitors. Customers come to House of Brides because of our proven record of outstanding service, selection, and prices. We enjoy an approval rating of over 99.99% among our customers. We, however, understand from time to time we may not have met a customer's needs to their full satisfaction. Every customer is important to us and therefore, we'd like to extend an invitation to contact House of Brides for further discussion of your issue. Please contact service@houseofbrides.com. A representative will contact you within 48 business hours.

House of Brides understands the importance of this experience and wishes you the very best.

House of Brides