Complaint Review: House Of Brides

• Submitted: Fri, June 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 08, 2007

• Reported By:West Lafayette Indiana
House Of Brides
5433 W 95th St Oak Lawn,, Illinois U.S.A.

House Of Brides Oak Lawn Wrong size dress they did not measure correctly Oak Lawn, Illinois

I purchased a Bridesmaid dress from House of Brides in Oak Lawn, IL in December of 2006. The dress was not available for pick up until middle of April. I was also never contacted telling me this dress was available for pick up in April 2007 they claim they called the bride to tell her. The only problem with that is I do not live in Illinois, so they should have contacted me, not the bride since I was the one who ultimately paid for the dress. Then since I did not receive my dress until a later date, by this I mean May 5, 2007.

I could not get in for alterations until June 1st. The dress was 7.5 inches too small around the waist, and therefore would not zipper up the back. Then when I called on June 1st and spoke to Jewels, there was not anyone who could help me because the manager was not in and then I further asked to speak with an assistant manager, district manager, and I even asked for a corporate phone number. The response I received was, there is no one that can help you today." She told me the manager would be in tomorrow.

So on Saturday I drove 120 miles each way to speak with the manager because she told me that I would have to come in and get remeasured to get this problem resolved and I therefore had to miss a day of work and spend about $50.00 in gas to get this taken care of. Then when she measured me I was 7.5 inches bigger in the waist and all my other measurements were the same. My response was, so obviously if I had gained 7.5 inches in my waist wouldn't I have gained weight in other places also making my other measurements off. Her response was a smirk and she said well there is nothing I can do for you. So I stood and complained for 15 minutes and she finally said well I can call China on Monday and see if they have extra fabric and then they can ship it to you.

Unbelievable is my response when I said well then would the seamstress at house of brides be able to sew it to the back of the dress and she simply said no, even though they measured wrong. So now it is going to cost me $100 to have this dress fixed when this was there fault.

Please help me in this matter I do feel that I should be compensated for my distress of driving, the alterations and the emotion distress that she put on me from telling me that I gained 7.5 inches around my waist, when in fact I did not and I do have a doctor's chart from the time I went to the doctor and he weighed me and I know and my weight is the same. So they are definitely wrong in this matter.

Megan
West Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2007 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/House-Of-Brides/Oak-Lawn-Illinois-60453/House-Of-Brides-Oak-Lawn-Wrong-size-dress-they-did-not-measure-correctly-Oak-Lawn-Illinoi-253242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on House Of Brides