Complaint Review: House Of Brides

• Submitted: Wed, July 02, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 24, 2008

• Reported By:Granbury Texas
House Of Brides
1184 Roosevelt Road Nationwide U.S.A.

House Of Brides They make it up as they go along... Glen Ellyn Illinios

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Assistance

If you choose to take the risk with this company, document everything you do! Write down every name, take photographs of the product (if you are lucky enought to get it), track everything!!!

I received a dress from them for my daughter who was to be a flower girl in my cousin's wedding. The dress was huge! The sizing tag had been cut away and the size I actually ordered was written inside. Well, funny thing is that I called the company when I did not receive the dress within their "guaranteed" time frame. Seems like in a panic they grabbed a dress and wrote in the size. Their return policy pretty much will not take back a dress, so they figured I would just have to deal with it. I called the campay the day I received it and they gave me a code to write on the package and told me over the phone that I would get a refund plus the cost to ship it. Funny thing is that now, a month later, they say they dont have the package and dont know what I am talking about. They called me a liar and hung up. So now I am out $170 bucks and have no dress. I paid them for nothing but a huge headache and lots of tears. I couldnt stop crying after the last conversation I had with Debbie. She was rude, made horrible assumptions about me, and hung up on me. I dont think a company has ever been this unreasonable, not even health insurance claim departments. Beward consumers. If you buy online, do a through check on the company and most importantly do not buy from house of brides. I hope this time next month Debbie will be checking groceries.

Texasgal
Granbury, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/House-Of-Brides/nationwide/House-Of-Brides-They-make-it-up-as-they-go-along-Glen-Ellyn-Illinios-346725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on House Of Brides

Customer Assistance

AUTHOR: X - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. House of Brides strives for excellence in customer service to ensure our customers' satisfaction.

House of Brides was established in 1929 and has since grown to 6 full-service bridal stores assisting over 30,000 customers annually. We also have our international website, www.houseofbrides.com, which receives 10 million unique yearly visitors. Customers come to House of Brides because of our proven record of outstanding service, selection, and prices. We enjoy an approval rating of over 99.99% among our customers. We, however, understand from time to time we may not have met a customer's needs to their full satisfaction. Every customer is important to us and therefore, we'd like to extend an invitation to contact House of Brides for further discussion of your issue. Please contact service@houseofbrides.com. A representative will contact you within 48 business hours.

House of Brides understands the importance of this experience and wishes you the very best.

House of Brides