Complaint Review: House of Brides

• Reported By: anonymous — royal oak Michigan United States of America
House of Brides

House of Brides SCAM!!!!SCAM!!!!SCAM!!!! illinois, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply to Customer

In September of 2010 my bridesmaids and I ordered dresses from house of brides, BIG MISTAKE!!!  With my wedding date in November, we were told just three short weeks before the date of the event that the order cannot be fulfilled, and our money would be reimbursed in 14-30 days.  What a joke that was.  With multiple emails from "Debbie" at house of brides wondering where and why it was taking so long, she started ignoring my emails.  It is now going on six months of the run around.

I have contacted this company several times, thirty two to be exact.  Every time I am told that they will send an email the accounting department and I will be notified in 24 hours.  I am now well aware of that all my suspicions are accurate.  There is no "Debbie", accounting department, or intentions on refunding my money.

I am very thankful for the many victims that came forward and took their time to write their letters.  It is very frustrating and I can relate to the many exhausting, and emotional attempts to be refunded.  My day like so many others was ruined by the ignorant and disrespectful customer service people at HOB.  I hope that this class action lawsuit goes through and the investigation by the attorney general of Illinois continues.

Ironically I just received a phone call from the accounting department as I was writing this letter.  Stating that they will be giving me my full reimbursement by the end of the day!! We will see...

All I can say is DONT STOP CALLING!! Keep on them, dont give up!! That is how they win! People get exhausted calling and ruining their day, but you are the consumer.  It is your money and your right to get it back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/House-of-Brides/internet/House-of-Brides-SCAMSCAMSCAM-illinois-Internet-714005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on House of Brides

Reply to Customer

AUTHOR: X - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

In response to your post, we confirm the manufacturer was unable to meet your event date. The manufacturer contacted our Ordering Department stating their production schedule was delayed and thus, the manufacturer could not produce the order in a timely manner. Customer Service contacted you immediately thereafter to discuss options. We show you requested a refund. Customer Service submitted your order to our Accounting Department for refund. Refunds are processed in order of submission and can take up to 30 days for processing as stated on our website.

We do not store credit card information in our system in compliance with the credit card companies and for our customers security. An Accounting Department representative attempted to call you for your credit card information multiple times from the point of its submission. However, the representative was unable to reach you. We could not process the refund without your credit card information and thus, your refund was delayed.

We confirm your refund has been processed and copy of the credit receipt has been mailed to your attention.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

House of Brides