Complaint Review: HouseHold Bank Visa

• Submitted: Wed, October 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, October 19, 2005

• Reported By:Decatur Georgia
HouseHold Bank Visa
HSBC PO Box 80084 Salinas, California U.S.A.

HouseHold Bank Visa ripoff re-instatement of credit card Salinas California

I lost my job and was behind on my credit card bill. I am not disputing that. I was also enrolled in "consumer protction" provided by them, in case of loss of job, death etc. I explaied this to them and the calls did stop, however I was contacted by a collection agency. By this time I had another job and paid the collections off within 30 days of being notified. The whole time Household said they would re-instate my card.

Every few days I would call and they would tell me to wait 7-14 bussiness days. To help along the process I sent a copy of my bank statement to the collections agency, they faxed me a letter to give to Household stating that the account had been paid in full.

I call yesterday, get transfered almost 8 time just to be told that they do not reinstate cards. I followed Rip-off's advice and tried calling "policy & complaint" departments. I was transfered again several time just to be told that the paper-work needed til next week to clear and the card would be re-instated.

I'm not sure what to do & feel like I'm getting the run around from people in other countries as well as lower managment. I'm trying very hard to repair my credit after my divorce and it is very hard to get a card that I despratly need to travel with work. I'm even currently caught up in one of the debit/credit card scams. What should I do?

There is one statement I would like to make. The people at the collections agency "Accounts Recievable Managment" was almost a pleasure to work with. They never spoke to like a dead beat and treated me with upmost respect.They were extremly helpful in trying to resolve this. If all customer service companies were run this way, collections would be a lot easier.

Brian
Decatur, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2005 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HouseHold-Bank-Visa/Salinas-California-93912/HouseHold-Bank-Visa-ripoff-re-instatement-of-credit-card-Salinas-California-161327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HouseHold Bank Visa