Complaint Review: HouseHold Bank

• Submitted: Thu, September 02, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 21, 2010

• Reported By: Charles — FRANKLIN PARK Illinois U.S.A.
HouseHold Bank
Salinas, California United States of America

HouseHold Bank HouseHold Bank will Ripp You Off Salinas, California

*Consumer Comment: I have not had any trouble with Household Bank

*Consumer Comment: I also use Household..

I have an account with this bank and they chage me fees that don't apply to me.

They've corrected this once before and they refunded me. Now this is trying this again. They have my comments on record and can't figure it out still. My account is paid in full.

They're charging me $35/monthly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2010 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HouseHold-Bank/Salinas-California-93912/HouseHold-Bank-HouseHold-Bank-will-Ripp-You-Off-Salinas-California-636965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HouseHold Bank

I have not had any trouble with Household Bank

AUTHOR: Shyanne - (United States of America)

I have been a consumner of Household Bank for over three years. I started out with them trying to rebuild my credit after losing a job and having to go bankrupt. I have a VISA and MasterCard with them. At first the interest rates were high, 21% but as I continued to pay my bill the rates are lowered. I then had a few money problems last year and was unable to pay on my MasterCard on time and I was charged a late fee and my APR went up.

But as I continue to pay on time my APR is slowing coming down again. They have also raised my credit limit on both cards. My VISA card has never been late and my interest rate is 10% and my credit limit is $800. My MasterCard has been late a few times so my interest rate is 14.50% and my credit limit is $600.

Household is many times over better than three other cards with which I have tried to rebuild credit. I am closing those other cards out and keeping Household. In the beginning I did not have a lot of choice with my bad credit due to job loss. But I have discussed this with Household and they are working with me.

No bank is perfect but Household has been the best one I have come across in a long time.

Just wanted to show another side.

Anne

I also use Household..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

and never have a problem. Now you state they corrected this and refunded you before. So if this is the same mistake they should refund you again.

What does it say on your statement this charge is for? They can't legally charge anything and not tell you what it is for. Is there just a blank spot in the column that shows the $35.00 charge?