Complaint Review: Household Auto Finance

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 02, 2005

• Reported By:Monticello Kentucky
Household Auto Finance
PO Box 17548 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Household Auto Finance ripoff Baltimore Maryland

In June of 1999 I had bought a car and household was my finance company and my payment were 275.00 a month and I made my payments and when I had gotten my divorce in August of 2002 I got the car.

when I had called household to get refinanced and to get my ex-husbands name off the car they told me if I made the payments for the next 3 months they would do that and take his name off the car but than I started to have a hard time making payments and I called them to tell them that I wanted to refinance the car and they transfered me like 4 times and they finally told me they didnt do refinancing and that it would have to stay the same as it was, than I recieved a letter that my payments would go up to 356.00 a month and told them I could not do that,so I told them that the payments were getting hard to make and told them to come and get the car and they wouldnt so this went on for a year and a half.

so I sent them a noterized statement stating in that I didnt want the car and for them to come and get it and where the car was and they had until December 4th of 2004 to come and get the car and that I would be contacting them after that. Than after a week I had contacted them and talked with 6 different people and finally they had me talk to some man that would not give me his name and he told me they had written the car off so I told them that they needed to send me a lien release and he said "hell no" and I told him that was no way to talk and he told me that I needed to get off my lazy ass and make my payments. So I told him that I refused to be talked to that way and hung the phone up.

Now I had just had a wreck in this car and it is just sitting and I cant even junk it or sell it for parts. I am stuck with and they want to talk to people like it is there fault when things happen I tried to be sivel with them but they wont or just cant be. They even told me they never even recieved my noterized statement. If anyone has to get financed thru household auto finance I really feel sorry for them. It does not do any good to be honest with them.

Kathy
Monticello, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Auto-Finance/Baltimore-Maryland-21297-1548/Household-Auto-Finance-ripoff-Baltimore-Maryland-162968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Auto Finance