legend

• Submitted: Thu, June 04, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Shelbyville Illinois
Household Bank HSBC ,Discover
PO Box 17313 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Household Bank HSBC ,Discover Sticks consumers with every fee imaginable, will not work with me Baltimore Maryland

Have had my account for a few years, always making online payment from the same account, more than minimum before due date. Last month I was out of town and couldn't get to the bank so I made the payment from another bank to make sure there was plenty there to take the payment from.

I (my mistake) did not change the account back (it's small print, I just missed it) this month when I made payment so it scheduled out of the wrong account, which I did not have funds to cover another payment from. I get an email from HSBC when a payment is scheduled, if I'm within X dollars of limit, etc. but NEVER got any correspondence or calls regarding funds being unavailable from this account. They tried to draft payment twice from this account and when I logged in last night I see I have been charged $113 in fees--late, NSF, and because of those two also an overlimit.

I am not denying my responsibility in any way here, but I call first thing this morning to ask if they'll help me out this once (I have no income in the summer months). No, they'll not. After begging, etc. they agree to waive one of the $39 overlimit charges but I am still stuck with almost $80 in fees that I got nothing for, and was never notified by the company of there being a problem. They simply went ahead and tried drafting again from the unusual account yesterday, so there will be another NSF fee on my account shortly as well. CUT THE CARD! This company actually did me a favor I guess, because I'm seeing numerous reports of their shady consumer dealings online today.

B
Shelbyville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank-HSBC-Discover/Baltimore-Maryland-21297-1313/Household-Bank-HSBC-Discover-Sticks-consumers-with-every-fee-imaginable-will-not-work-wi-458453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank HSBC ,Discover