sequence

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2003

• Reported By:Inola Oklahoma
Household Bank - Household Credit Services, Orchard Bank
P.O. Box 60102 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Household Bank, Household Credit Services, Orchard Bank ripoff fraudulent billing with fees City Of Industry California

This company required that I send them a payment of $25 to increase my credit line. Although, I've never had to pay that type of fee to any other credit company, I agreed because I'm attempting to rebuild my credit. They offered for me to pay with a check by phone. I agreed.

Later, I checked my statement and noticed I was charged $9.95 for the check by phone. I notified them via their website that I was not notified nor did I agree to this charge. They responded that "all customers are notified" and refused to remove the charge. I exchanged a couple more e-mails with them asking to hear the recorded conversation showing I was notified. They claim that "not all calls are recorded". I again asked to have the fee removed and told them I was going to report them to the appropriate agencies.

I checked my statement again a couple of days later. They have now applied the $25 fee to my account as well as a NSF fee of $29 and an overlimit fee of $29. My checking account has more than enough money to cover the $25 and they would not have received a NSF action from my checking account. Even if I didn't have enough funds to cover, my checking account has bounce protection and would have paid the check.

It is my belief that they added these fees on simply because I threatened to report them. I have now sent another e-mail to them detailing all that I've included here and threatened to file another complaint with the FTC and BBB.

M
Inola, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank-Household-Credit-Services-Orchard-Bank/City-Of-Industry-California-91716-0102/Household-Bank-Household-Credit-Services-Orchard-Bank-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-with-fee-69047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank - Household Credit Services, Orchard Bank