Complaint Review: Household Bank - Levitz Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 10, 2009

• Reported By:Chino Hills California
Household Bank - Levitz Furniture
householdbank.com levitz.com Internet U.S.A.

Household Bank - Levitz Furniture unlawfully charged finance charges on deferred billing Internet

I purchased a couch from Levitz furniture on a deferred billing option. I contacted the company by phone prior to the deferrement ending. I inquired about the payoff price.

After receiving the quote from the Levitz company. I informed them I would be e-wiring the pay off balance. After ending the call with them I e-wired the total pay off balance of $1,900.00? quoted to me within 5 minutes of the call.

I checked my account with Levitz and it showed a zero balance on the account. To my surprise a couple of months later I received a bill for the accrued interest of another $1,900.?

Unfortuneately, I did not print a copy of the billing that showed zero balance. This then went to a law office and they currently bother me for repayment. I in good faith kept my end of this agreement, but Levitz did not. I can now see why they went out of business, if their main goal was to rip off the people who puchased furniture from them.

Lane
Chino Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank-Levitz-Furniture/internet/Household-Bank-Levitz-Furniture-unlawfully-charged-finance-charges-on-deferred-billing-I-460446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank - Levitz Furniture