Complaint Review: Household Bank

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2002

• Reported By:
Household Bank
Churchman's Corporate Center 90 Christiana Road/ New Castle, Delaware U.S.A.

Household Bank Settlement ? HAHA

I filed my taxes last year in 2000 through H&R Block. I qualified for the refund anticipation loan or as they call it RAL. Something happened along the way and I recieved a duplicate check being in the army i'm in the field alot and my wife has access to our account she deposited the check not knowing we had allready been paid. Time went by and they sent us a bill. I looked into it and we honestly owed them $ 514.00 by the time we went to pay them though Household Bank sent us to Collections through Account Solutions Group and offered to settle for 70% or $370 dollars of course we paid them. Now here it is 3 months later and Household Bank is saying I still owe them $124.03. I've got all the reciepts saying the debt is paid in full but Household Bank denies it and put it on my credit report. Which I didn't find out about until I went to file for my 2001 tax return. Now my wife and I can't get our 2001 tax return back because they have a hold on it and a untrue remark in our credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank/New-Castle-Delaware-19720/Household-Bank-Settlement-HAHA-13957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank