Complaint Review: Household Bank

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2007

• Reported By:Rose Hill North Carolina
Household Bank
1301 East Tower Road Schamburg, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-3476361
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Household Bank Card Services Bad Company Schamburg Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: You stated YOUR OWN problem

*Consumer Comment: GOOD IDEA

I recieved a credit card from Household bank in Feb of 2007. I did put some purchases on the card. I made my first payment and thought that it would take care of most of my charges, but it did'nt. They have a annual charge and some other charges. I continue to make my payments. Sometimes my payments would be a month or two late. Well one day I was gone to the store with my son. They called my house and spoke with my husband about this account. My husband was not on this account and he knew nothing about this account. They gave all the information about this account to him. Then when I called them back and told them to talk to me only and to call my cell phone only. They told me if I made a payment of 112.00 dollars that it would get my account out of collection and stop the calls. I did not make the payment then. The next day someone else called my house phone again and noone had put into my account not to call my house or speak with my husband. This time the lady told me that I only had to pay 20.00 dollars to get my account out of over the limit and stop the calls. Well today I receive another call from these people and they told me that my account had been sent to a collection agency. I sent a check of 115.00 to them on Monday but they had not received it yet. These people are money sucking and they charge 15.00 to do a check or credit card over the phone. They are rude and they do not put information into your account like you tell them. I will never own another one of these credit cards again and I would tell everyone not to ever use these people. There interest rates are terrible and they are terrible to deal with.

Karen
Rose Hill, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank/Schamburg-Illinois-60173/Household-Bank-Card-Services-Bad-Company-Schamburg-Illinois-293595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You stated YOUR OWN problem

AUTHOR: Brad In Louisiana - (U.S.A.)

You stated you are month or two late sometimes, DUH, you think that keeps your account in good standing? Household is for people with BAD credit anyway, and as far as all the fees and charges, they are clearly disclosed on all the forms you signed to apply for the card, as well as the ones that arrived with the card.. sounds like you are trying to rip them off more than they are you...

GOOD IDEA

AUTHOR: Billcoll01 - (U.S.A.)

IF ANYONE WAS BORN NOT TO HAVE CREDIT... ITS YOU