Complaint Review: Household Bank

• Updated: Thu, September 30, 2010

• Reported By: rnrplayhrd — Crystal Lake Illinois United States of America
Household Bank
Berkshire SL4 4TD Internet United States of America

Household Bank Orchard Bank Make a $600 payment on a $750 credit limit and get punished by having you credit line reduced to $306 Winkfield, Windsor, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Which business?

*Consumer Comment: There are still probllems with this business... regardless of the confusion

*Consumer Comment: No connection

*Consumer Comment: I found this on the PA govt website...

*Consumer Comment: Please Consider Doing This...

*Consumer Comment: IN DEBT WE TRUST

*Consumer Comment: FYI

We received our Orchard Bank card on 7/17. Made a few purchases and took 1 cash advance. On 7/31 we made a $600 payment. When we checked today 8/2 the payment was received but not posted to our account. When I called them they told me that the payment was on hold for 14 days to verify the funds which would have put us past our due date. I called my local bank and was assured that the funds were released. I called them back and after a long run around finally was put in touch with a "manager" who agreed to call my bank to verify the payment. So after several calls and several call transfers the funs were released. About 2 hours later we went to an ATM to withdraw $150 and we were denied. When I got home and tried to access my account on line I found it was blocked. So again I called. This time I was informed that our available credit was reduced to $306 for making cash withdrawals . To make a long story short what they did was punish me for using the card they offered me. No where does it say that making cash withdrawals would result in punishment. Then I learned that this is a company owned and headquartered in the UK. I say enough is enough with these foreign company's taking advantage of and screwing the American people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank/internet/Household-Bank-Orchard-Bank-Make-a-600-payment-on-a-750-credit-limit-and-get-punished-by-628780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank

Which business?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

The one the OP posted about or the one you posted about?   Are you beginning to see the problem?

It does not help the OP to offer them info about something completely unrelated to their complaint.   While I'm at it, it also doesn't help to respond to every post with the advice to complain to the FTC.   If a complaint does not involve violations of federal laws or regulations, complaining to the FTC is a waste of time (both the complainant's and the FTC's).

There are still probllems with this business... regardless of the confusion

Said enough...

No connection

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

There is no connection between the company you posted about and the OP's complaint.    A tiny bit of research before posting would be helpful to avoid confusing the issue at hand.

I found this on the PA govt website...

"Orchard Credit and Financial Solutions
The Department of Banking and the Better Business Bureau of Pittsburgh are warning consumers about Orchard Credit and Financial Solutions, a company that appears to be a front for a Canadian advance fee loan scam.

Alleged victims say they paid approximately $800 each to the company for loans they never received. The money, which they were instructed to wire to Canada, was to be refunded after several months of on-time loan payments.

Orchard Credit and Financial Solutions represents itself as a lender based in Pittsburgh. However, there is no such company located there or licensed by the Department of Banking. In addition, Orchards toll-free number has been linked to at least one other bogus loan company."

Please Consider Doing This...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

File a report at this site:

IN DEBT WE TRUST

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

I just watched a documentary where this bank's underwriter is mentioned! To understand the issue and what is being done to the American people watch: IN DEBT WE TRUST, MAXED OUT, THE CORPORATION, and SPEAKING FREELY: JOHN PERKINS. This will give you a foundation for understanding the crisis in which you now are an unwilling participant. We are in a free market economy, which means that the rights of the people have been taken away. The trap the banks set is to FORCE the American people to dependence. Statistics (as supplied by banks) prove that with poor folk there is almost 100% chance that they will try to pay the loans, so guess who is the target of predatory practices?

FYI

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

FYI, Household Bank Credit Card and Orchard cards are issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

For your financial health it is a good thing they cut your limit and stopped you from cash withdrawing yourself to doom.