Complaint Review: Household Bank

• Submitted: Fri, January 21, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 21, 2005

• Reported By:Phila Pennsylvania
Household Bank
PO Box 60177 Nationwide U.S.A.

Household Bank and Simple Escapes ripoff! Fraudulent billing practices. City Of Industy California

I received a statement with a charge from a company called Simple Escapes. I found this odd since I had cancelled the card several months prior.

I contacted the number for Simple Escapes, and was told my account with them would be cancelled but I still had to pay for their service. I never authorized this transaction, but they said I did when I cashed a check they sent me. After reviewing my bank records, there is no transaction with thier check being cashed.. After contacting them again, they very un-politely told me to be happy they weren't charging me again.

I called Household bank to dispute the charge, and was told it was between me and Simple Escapes. They would only remove the charge after I provide them with a cancellation number from Simple Escapes. I requested that they block the card so that no more charges would incurr.

The following month when I received my statement, there was a second charge for Simple Escapes on my card (after the card was supposedly blocked).

I've spent the past 5 months trying to get this issue resolved with Simple Escapes and Household bank. Charges and late fees continue to accrue on this card, and I recieve absolutely no help from Household bank or Simple Escapes.

My credit score has dropped from perfect down to poor.

Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2005 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Bank/nationwide/Household-Bank-and-Simple-Escapes-ripoff-Fraudulent-billing-practices-City-Of-Industy-Ca-128401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Bank