Complaint Review: Household Finance Company -

• Submitted: Tue, December 05, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 05, 2006

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Household Finance Company -
1455 Pleasant Hill Road Lawrenceville, Georgia U.S.A.

Household Finance Company -Unethical Property Appraisal to boost value and provide (upside-down) loan Atlanta / Lawrenceville Georgia

Five years ago, I was solicited by Household Finance about obtaining a 2nd mortgage through their company. They sent an appraiser to my condo, who assessed the property more than $30,000 over its actual value. HFC then gave me a $30,000 loan based on this appraisal. The rate was over 13%.

Since then, I have attempted to refinance my first and / or second into one fixed low interest rate. I have been unable to do so because I am "upside-down" on my loan. The reason being was that The property value was no where near what HFC and their "reputable" appraisers claimed it was.

Five years later, the appraiser on my property is $30,000 less than what they claimed it was 5 years ago when the provided me the loan. Now, I am locked into this incredibly high interest rate with no hope for refinancing until I can pay HFC back for the loan plus the high interest charges.

Andy
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2006 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance-Company-/Lawrenceville-Georgia-30044/Household-Finance-Company-Unethical-Property-Appraisal-to-boost-value-and-provide-upside-223864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Finance Company -