Complaint Review: Household Finance Company

• Submitted: Fri, February 15, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, April 03, 2002

• Reported By:Bethlehem PA
Household Finance Company
Macarthur Town Center Whitehall, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Household Finance, don't fall for their tactics, rip-offs

*Consumer Comment: I believe they are affiliated with Fleet Bank

We were looking to refinance and we looked into Household Finance. They were very pushy. We were trying to look into different companies and they kept calling and calling. We were to get married in 5 days. They offered to come to the house so we could sign the papers. They came over and they went through everything with us. We kept asking them about the amounts on the papers because they were not what we settled on. Because we had changed our mind on how much to borrow, they had to make some corrections. They were going to send us the corrected copies. We left for Cancun right after the wedding and of course they ripped us off. When we got back it was too late to cancel the loan. They added on about $8000 on top of what we borrowed, which they said was points. We never agreed on paying any points. Now we are stuck with a loan that is as high as what our house is worth and we can't find another mortgage company unless we pay money out of our pockets for closing costs. They suck! They rip people off. I have seen Acorn's website and we are waiting to be contacted by them.

Rocky & Lisa
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance-Company/Whitehall-Pennsylvania/Household-Finance-dont-fall-for-their-tactics-rip-offs-14240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Finance Company

I believe they are affiliated with Fleet Bank

AUTHOR: E - ()

I have been trying to refinance my home loan ever since FLEET shoved me into an FHA loan after I put 26% down(they even made me pay PMI). I filled out some refinance applications online and I got a call from Household Finance. They had an extremely high interest rate and when I came right out and asked them if they were affiliated with Fleet-their mannerisms changed and they told me they did not want to "waste" my time. Stay away from them in the future. It sounds, however, like you may have some legal recourse in this. It is worth trying. I have contacted FHA and the OCC and the FTC about Fleet and I am waiting to hear something back. I don't know why companies like these are not regulated and watched more carefully.