- Report: #681747
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Household Finance Corp
Household Finance CorpCarol Stream, Illinois United States of America
Household Finance Corp HSBC Loan Modification/Document "Runaround" Carol Stream, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Household Finance have no interest in serving their customers. They closed all branches when they realized that they might have to fall in line with US Laws on mortgage modification and now they go through process of "loan modification as a courtesy" when in fact they don't intend doing anything.
1) Documents submitted several times .. claim they don't get
2) Documents mailed via Express Mail ... not added to system
3) Documents entered in system after I stated I'd call NYS Attorney General
4) Now they ask for "more recent" pension letter
- Originally asked for "Most recent" award letter
- This was sent (its dated May 2010)
- Now they say they require "within 60 days", knowing that I only receive annually
When I spoke to rep they basically said provide new docs, which we know you cannot provide, otherwise we'll cancel your application and you can start all over again.
I've heard others complain of similar tactics and it appears that Household Finance are DISHONEST and only trying to ensure additional Interest/Deferred Charges while they give you runaround.
Maybe they need investigating by STATE/FEDERAL Agencies
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance-Corp/Carol-Stream-Illinois-/Household-Finance-Corp-HSBC-Loan-ModificationDocument-Runaround-Carol-Stream-Illinois-681747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.