• Report: #261970

Complaint Review: Household Finance Corp.

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2007

• Reported By:Germantown Maryland
Household Finance Corp.
14512 Westland Dr. Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A.

Household Finance Corp.-Gaithersburg,Md. HFC-Don't Ask Don't Tell (and they won't) Ripoff Gaithersburg Maryland

Me and my girlfriend bought our townhouse and wanted to make improvements.Well HFC came along and offered to help.Great we thought.We gave them All the necessary paperwork to get started on our Equity loan. We even asked if there would be a problem Refinancing our home in a year.They told us no problem(So we thought) in doing so.

A year later,we try to Refinance before our rate adjusts and we can't because there is 3rd lien on our house,plus when I went to the office to find out,I looked at the computer screen and they Inflated my buying price,which was $316,They had quoted $350k,it is worth $320k,They had it appraised at $380k. How could this have happened when they had ALL the info in front of them to make a sound Business decision. Noone will refinance me because of this deceitful practice. Now I have restless nights and a mad girlfriend. My story is ongoing and I would Greatly appreciate some help.

James
Germantown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2007 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance-Corp/Gaithersburg-Maryland-20877/Household-Finance-Corp-GaithersburgMd-HFC-Dont-Ask-Dont-Tell-and-they-wont-Ripoff-261970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Finance Corp.