Complaint Review: Household Finance Corporation - HFC

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:Knightdale North Carolina
Household Finance Corporation - HFC
www.hfc.com Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Household Finance Corporation - HFC Predatory Lender Alert Carol Stream Illinois

Several years ago, I found myself the victim of an ugly divorce. I was stuck with about $32,000 in unsecured credit card debt that my ex left me with. Unable to pay it all off, I found HFC and refinanced most of it into one consolidated loan.

Over the years, I have never missed a payment, paid more than the minimum nearly every month, and very rarely used the credit available for anything.

Now, HFC sends me a letter today that my credit is being cut off and my credit limit is the current balance. They stated that this was not because of anything I had or had not done. Yet, a call to their customer no-service line states that it is because of my debt-income ratio. If I had done nothing wrong, how do they know this?

They also said that companies across the board are doing this. I asked them to give me an example of a company doing this. They said American Express is doing this as well. I placed a call to American Express. They had no idea what I was talking about.

So, I have asked them to at least lower my interest rate from the exorbitant 19% to a more manageable level. They will not do this either. They state that they are not in the business of giving loans anymore. Hello, I am not asking for a new loan, just an adjustment on my interest rate since I have been a good customer.

HFC is a predatory lender that should be held accountable for their heinious actions that result in hardship for all of their customers. I understand that economic times are hard, but there is no call for this type of behavior. Good customers should be rewarded, not punished.

Eddie
Knightdale, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance-Corporation-HFC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-4153/Household-Finance-Corporation-HFC-Predatory-Lender-Alert-Carol-Stream-Illinois-439251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Finance Corporation - HFC