Complaint Review: Household Finance

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Gaithersburg Maryland
Household Finance
Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HFC Will Never Let You Pay Off The Original Loan AmountHousehold Finance I've paid more in interst than the original loan amount. Carol Stream Illinois

In 2004 I had some unforseen expenses and needed some cash so I borrowed $5,000 from HFC. I have been paying $178 a month on this for the past 6 years and as of today I have paid them more than the original amount I borrowed. When I called there office today for the "pay off amount". I was told the principal balance on the account was $4,131.36.

READ THE FINE PRINT, WATCH YOUR ACCOUNT. I had no idea that I would never be able to pay off this loan. I am now stuck with this $4000.00 note that if I pay on it until the day I die, I will never pay the full amount.

I'm not surprised they are out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good ridence to an unscrupulous company with no morals.

Mimi
Gaithersburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Finance/Carol-Stream-Illinois/HFC-Will-Never-Let-You-Pay-Off-The-Original-Loan-AmountHousehold-Finance-Ive-paid-more-in-458143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Finance