Complaint Review: Household Protection Plus, First Lenders Insurance Services Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 11, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, January 11, 2003

• Reported By:Ravenel South Carolina
Household Protection Plus, First Lenders Insurance Services Inc.
13901 Sutton Park Drive S. Suite#120 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Household Protection Plus, First Lenders Insurance Services Inc. Theft, Unauthorized and fraudulent withdraw from bank account ripoff scam Jacksonville Florida

In December of 2002 my wife asked me about an automatic draft from our checking account in the amount of $100.00 that caused a chain reaction of bounced checks just in time for Christmas from a company known as Household Protection Plus, they listed the following phone number 1-800-615-6140. I responded to her I had not authorized anyone to make any auto drafts from our joint account and had no clue what it was for.

We called the number and found that this was the same company that plagued us a year ago after we had applied for a credit card with Providian. They offered free gas and other promotions just for looking at their package and we were a referral from Providian.

We only needed to look at what they had to offer and had thirty days to cancel and our account would be charged $100.00 and receive $100.00 instant gasoline cards or coupons. I never received anything from these people but was promptly relieved of $100.00 from my checking account. I called the number attached to my auto draft and explained that I had received nothing and did not want anything from these people. I was told that I would receive a credit within fourteen days.

The money was never credited, and after several weeks that turned into months my wife and I felt we could do nothing more. Now they are back again this year with the same old scam. I called and told them I had not authorized any withdraws from my account and was promptly told that as a member of Household Protection Plus my account is charged annually until I cancel. I let the individual know real fast that it was canceled from the start and my money was never credited last year.

The representative with Household Protection Plus gave the same line, your account will be credited within fourteen days. Can you guess? --- Your right, six weeks now and they are giving the same excuses as last year. My bank isn't much help at all, but thanks to the good advise from RIP-OFF REPORT .com I have a good idea of what to do next.

Take my advice, HOUSEHOLD PROTECTION PLUS is a rip off and will steal every year, your hard earned money. Their mindset is, once in, never out, and we will get you every year until you cancel. Good luck getting your money back.

Karl
Ravenel, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2003 03:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Protection-Plus-First-Lenders-Insurance-Services-Inc/Jacksonville-Florida-32224/Household-Protection-Plus-First-Lenders-Insurance-Services-Inc-Theft-Unauthorized-and-f-41014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Protection Plus, First Lenders Insurance Services Inc.