Complaint Review: Household Retail Service

• Submitted: Fri, April 16, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2004

• Reported By:Lake Worth Florida
Household Retail Service
P.O. Box 15521 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Household Retail Service Scammed Wilmington Delaware

My husband and I opened a Circuit City credit card about a year ago that was called a Sony Visa. It had a year no payments no intrest. So we bought our dream tv.

We thought this was great, but It turned out it was a terrible scam.

We got our statements periodically thoughout the year. But the last month we did not recieve our bill until after the years finance charges were put on. A whopping $1,457.30. Wow were we pissed. We called and I spoke to a girl and told them this was a big mistake we never got our final bill. (How convenient) we said we had the money pay the bill in full but this was a big error. They had also looked up my husbands credit history and said oh Mr.Gerber has great credit they knew too much.

So she put a supervisor on the phone who was like a drill sargent. She said we had to pay the bill in full today or we would get more intrest put on. She said she would take off half if I paid the bill in full. She cornered me. So I did, I wired her a check over the phone. They had got me..won the game. BUT It caused ALOT of grief in my home with my husband and me fights and pain a suffering and at his job that was alot of money for us to pay for nothing flushed down the drain and we work so hard for everything we have.

We by right should have not had to pay any intrest at all. It was not our error the bill didnt come. They HAVE TO SEND A FINAL BILL by law. We were told we should of known when to pay it but it doesnt matter the bill NEVER came. And all my pain and suffering was all unessary. When you do wrong you have to live with yourselve god knows what you've done. So make this right and do right for people not wrong.

Greenacres, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2004 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Retail-Service/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5521/Household-Retail-Service-Scammed-Wilmington-Delaware-87877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Household Retail Service