- Report: #10613
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Household Retail Services
Household Retail ServicesP.O. box 15521 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
HRS, Household Retail Services consumer Rip-off *Consumer Suggestions
*0: HRS, Household Retail Services
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
HRS will delay registering a change of address. HRS will arbitrarily change your mailing address within the contract period so that your statement is delayed, diverted, or returned. HRS never seems to send statements early enough for consumers to mail payments or have the payments processed before the due date and late fees are assessed. HRS charges for Clearing House transactions authorized over the phone($15.00) and for payments made at their web site ($7.00).
Every transaction with HRS must be anticipated in order to meet contract obligations. I have a few suggestions.
1. Make and keep a copy of a statement to have in the event a statement is missed or arrives late.
2. Track the billing cycle and use the statement copy to pay within the billing period.
3. Keep a log of all telephone conversations. Follow all conversations up with letters to their customer servicer department. (Businesses are required keep hard copy on file.)
4. Request a copy of your credit report as verification that HRS is reporting your transaction history accurately.
5. Use the date your bank has on record for when the check cleared as enforcement of when you expect the payment to post to your account. (Each state has a maximum allowable time for payments to process)
6. Report infractions to the Credit Reporting Agencies, your State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, tell your friends, etc. A link from an independent researcher is provided http://www.expage.com/tblake35808
HRS appears to prey on naive people. People that lack an understanding of the language used in their contracts, the tactics used by predatory sales methods and credit providers. HRS accounts are purchases of expensive impulse items, high dollar appliances out of desperate need, and previous purchases acquired by HRS as a buyout of the original financing plan. The victims range from blue collar through high level executives, no one is exempt.
Redstone Arsenal, AL
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Household-Retail-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5521/HRS-Household-Retail-Services-consumer-Rip-off-Consumer-Suggestions-10613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.