• Report: #206058

• Reported By:deltona Florida
Housevalues
housevalues.com Internet U.S.A.

Housevalues, Marketleader ripoff fraudulent billing dishonest Internet

I am a real estate agent that decided to call Housevalues.com after receiving an email from the Realtor board. The sales rep told me about the services and said that I could sign up for a discounted rate for the first three months. The cost would be $99 a month for the first 3 months and then $250 a month for the rest of the months. He said that this was a trial period and that I could cancel at any time.

I was excited about this and decided to sign up for 2 areas which would cost me $99 each every month. I figured that I could try it out for a few months and then cancel if I didnt get any leads, which is what the service is made for. I thought this was a great offer and even repeated the offer to the guy making sure that I could cancel within those first 3 months with no penalty.

He told me that I could cancel and I would only owe for the remainder of the trial period. They then sent me over the contract via email, which I skimmed over and then I signed up.

Once signed up I received leads but most of them had no contact information and I got names like "Brown Shoe" as leads.

I tried it for a couple of months and did not like the service. I did not want to pay $500 a month for services that did not work. I decided to call and cancel.

When I spoke to somebody they said that in order for me to cancel I had to pay 50% of the rest of my initial period, but my initial period was A YEAR, not the 3 months that the sales rep sold me on. When I started to complain about this the manager laughed at my problem and pointed me to the terms of service I agreed to.

I know what I asked the sales rep because I would never have signed up for a service for a year without trying out the services first. I even repeated what he said because it sounded too good to be true. The sales rep told me what I wanted to hear in order to sign me up and then sent me over numerous emails and forms to go over.

Like I said i skimmed over these and it was my understanding that the 3 months was my trial period not a year.

Needless to say they dont record phone calls so there is no proof that the sales rep misleaded me, and since i agreed to the terms of service my options are: stay with the bad service and pay $500 a month, or cancel and pay $2200 to do so.

If you are thinking about signing up, don't, if the service was worth anything then they would allow you to pay on a month to month basis like other services. I know that the sales rep mislead me and maybe it was an accident due to his missunderstanding of the terms of service, but when I spoke to him about this, of course he denied telling me anything different.

I would not complain if the service was worth the money but it isnt. The customer service reps, who probably make $8.00 an hour, laughed at my problems and accused me of lying while pointing to the misleadind terms of service that they have.

If they dont let me out of the contract I will make sure that I get my $500 worth in any way I can. Hopefully these words will save somebody from the stress and headache housevalues.com and marketleader.com have caused me.

Housevalues is a ripoff
deltona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2006 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Housevalues/internet/Housevalues-Marketleader-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-dishonest-Internet-206058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Housevalues