Complaint Review: Houston Eye Associates

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: louise — Weston Lakes Texas
Houston Eye Associates
1429 Hwy 6 Sugar Land, Texas USA

Houston Eye Associates Optical service, not doctors. Rude, unhelpful in several locations. Awful employees in these places. Sugar Land and Houston Texas

Houston Eye Associates is a huge outfit with probably 35 or 40 offices.  They have doctors (MD ophtalmologists) and sell glasses.  This is not about a money ripoff, even though everything is vastly overpriced.  This is about a service ripoff.  My glasses are very fragile, and I live about 40 miles from the Sugar Land office where I purchased them.  I use their doctors because I have an unusual visual problem and have to see one of their specialists.  The doctors I have seen were fine.  But the treatment of people in the doctors' area and in the optical department is abominable.  In every location of theirs that I have been to, the employees dealing with the public are totally rude and just terrible.  And I am not especially sensitive.  Today I hung on the phone on hold for an hour trying to get them to order a new earpiece hinge for my glasses, and I never got through to the optician.  It is unnecessary for me to drive 80 miles round trip for this.  The problem has happened before, and they can get a new (overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!) earpiece hinge in a day.  It is a simple repair, but you can never get through the blankety-blank desk people.  It will cost me less than $100 if it ever gets done.  I should cost about $10, maybe.

There are always a zillion people in their waiting rooms.  I have had it with them.  Surely there has to be a better way.  My lenses are extremely expensive, so I don't keep a spare pair lying around.  I am a paying patient.  These glasses cost me upward of $1000.00.  That is one thousand dollars, with three zeroes.

The owners of this business need to know how the public hates them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Houston-Eye-Associates/Sugar-Land-Texas/Houston-Eye-Associates-Optical-service-not-doctors-Rude-unhelpful-in-several-location-1068123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Houston Eye Associates