Complaint Review: Houston Ryder Express

• Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By: Patrick — Magnolia Texas United States of America
Houston Ryder Express
10522 Katy Hockley Cutoff Rd. Cypress, Texas United States of America

Houston Ryder Express This company lies and cheats their drivers on paychecks Cypress Texas

*Consumer Comment: don't judge

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is not true.

If you are a truck driver looking for work beware of this company. The owners name is Leonard. He will expect you to break every DOT law and regulation. He will then play dumb and act like he has nothing to do with you violating DOT regulations. But he will give you unattainable pick-up and delivery deadlines knowing you do not have the ability to meet them legally. When it came time for me to have to quit working for this guy he knew it. I was giving him clues. So he fired me before I could quit. The worst thing he did is he cheated me on my pay. If you work for him he will cheat you too! He cheated me out of several hundreds of dollars. I was working on a 24% commission of the freight bill. On my last check he only paid me about half of what he owed me on every load. He came up with every type of excuse but he is a liar and a cheat.

He even told Texas Workforce (unemployment commission)that I quit. He told them that I quit which I was going to do but did not have the chance. He is such an idiot that he claims he will produce a termination letter I signed (I had to in order to get my final paycheck) which states that I cannot sue him. But then he tells Tells Texas Workforce I quit! Its going to take a while but I am going to nail his ass. Hopefully he will be charged with fraud for lying to Texas Workforce!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Houston-Ryder-Express/-Cypress-Texas-77433/Houston-Ryder-Express-This-company-lies-and-cheats-their-drivers-on-paychecks-Cypress-Te-588548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Houston Ryder Express

don't judge

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I also disagree. Houston Ryder Express is a great company with great dedication. I have never seen the owner doing or planning anything illegal. He is a very loyal citizen. I also don't understand why you had to give hints of quitting why not just quit? Anyway, i don't think its right to criticize other people and their work you may not fully know a person or how they grew up or what they may be going through.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is not true.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I have worked for this company long enough to know that what you are saying is not true.  Leonard is an honest boss who treats his employees fairly and with respect.  He does not fire drivers for no reason and does not cheat people on their pay.  If he ran the company the way you have described, then it would not have existed for over 20 years!

Also, I dont understand why you were going to tell the Texas Workforce that you quit if in reality he fired you.  If you are going to trash someones name and ruin their reputation then at least get your story straight.