Complaint Review: Houston's Choice Steak

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:Waco Texas
Houston's Choice Steak
Waco / Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Houston's Choice Steaks overpriced ripoff scam door to door selling with low quality products Waco / Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: I was approached by Houston choice meats today!

*Author of original report: UPDATE

6-20-09 a guy comes to the door with boxes of meats for sale. Being a family of serious steak eaters we decided to hear him out. Though it seemed high priced, the product was talked up quite a bit and my wife and I decided to give it a try. We cooked the steak just hours after he had left and the quality was less than alright. We buy steaks at walmart that were on the special priced stacks that had more flavor in it than these particular ribeyes. I still have the after taste of plastic in my mouth!

Calling them only gets you an automated lady that says the voicemail has not been set up yet. Therefore, our only choice is to put a stop payment on the check and leave the rest for them to pick up. Besides, they "guarantee" thier product 100%. If you ever get this guy knocking at your door please feel free to close it in his face.

Also, if this is how their "new management" (as stated in a rebuttal on other rip-off reports) runs things I'd hate to see what the previous victims that reportered had ended up with. (The steak brand is also still Midwestern Brand)

Tyler
Waco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Houstons-Choice-Steak/Waco-Houston-Texas-76708/Houstons-Choice-Steaks-overpriced-ripoff-scam-door-to-door-selling-with-low-quality-produ-463341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Houston's Choice Steak

I was approached by Houston choice meats today!

AUTHOR: Littletxgrl - (U.S.A.)

I just got home from work today and there was a knock on my door, and It was a guy claiming to be from "Houston Choice Steaks". I told him I would not even talk to him because I had been "Burnt" by door to door meat sales before. He quickly told me "they" were not like that, and he had heard it all from sales men in the buisness. I plainly ask him for some type of id and he ran to his green ford ranger to bring back a orange flyer that had a lot of spelling mistakes! I told him I needed to check Houston choice steaks out with the BBB and check for complaints then I would call him and he gave me "his number". I saw right through it all. I checked the website to find out it doesnt even exist. Searched the name and this is what I found! The address on my flyer is 15700 Export Palaza Dr. Houston,Texas 77032.(I think Palaza is misspelled by accident)I have the number but this is my first time on here and Im not sure if I can give his "personal number" out..........I would call cops if they came to my house again!

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Tyler - (U.S.A.)

Lastly if this report is to be rebuttaled by the owner as the others have, why don't they state a telephone number that can reach an actual member of their company so that readers can feel free to call with any questions? I'm still calling the same number as I was given with no luck.

Cavalry