Complaint Review: Houston's Choice Steaks

• Submitted: Fri, January 12, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:The Woodlands Texas
Houston's Choice Steaks
P.0. Box 7066 Houston Area, Texas U.S.A.

Houston's Choice Steaks overpriced ripoff scam door to door selling with low quality products Houston Area Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Houstons Choice NEW MANAGEMENT

We had just moved in 2 days earlier and this gentleman from Houston's Choice came to our door touting these steaks as the same ones as Omaha Steaks. We had purchased Omaha Steaks in the past and I thought it would be worth a try since I had not been to the grocery store. It seemed expensive but he helped me load chicken and steak into the freezer.

After getting my internet up a week later I tried to locate the website to figure out how long to cook the chicken fingers. (He took all the boxes with the directions) When I found the homepage I realized I paid over $70 more dollars than I would have if I had ordered on line for the same amount of meat, even with shipping. I am assuming he put that cash in his pocket.

I called and left at least 10 messages and emails for the manager but never got any response. As far as the quality goes, I may be less angry if it was a good quality meat. Unfortunately, it is the worst meat we have had. It shrinks up to nothing and it gristly and tough. The steak is awful and they should be ashamed to put their name and Omaha Steaks in the same sentence. If they come to your door, politely shut it!

Vicky
The Woodlands, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2007 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Houstons-Choice-Steaks/Houston-Area-Texas/Houstons-Choice-Steaks-overpriced-ripoff-scam-door-to-door-selling-with-low-quality-produ-230171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Houston's Choice Steaks

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Houston's Choice New Management - (U.S.A.)

We are the new owners of Houston's Choice , and we are really sorry that you had a bad experience with our meat.

We have owned the company since the beginning of this year (2009).

Please be assured that under our new management, we have considerably improved the quality of our meat and have trained our employees on how to better approach the customers in a more respectful and friendly way.

So please, once again, accept our apologies and give us another opportunity to prove ourselves to you. We look forward to doing business with you in the near future.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company