Complaint Review: HowAboutWe.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 11, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 12, 2013

• Reported By: Houman — Woodland Hills California
20 Jay Street Suite 932 Brooklyn, NY 11201 New York, New York USA

HowAboutWe.com EaterDating, Eater DatingThis Life, Inc. Deceptive Business Activities, Consumer Fraud New York New York

Please be aware of the deceptive business activates of EaterDating (also known as HowAboutWe and This Life, Inc.).  I had signed on with their service and decided to cancel after my membership period ended.  After visiting their website and cancelling my membership.  They had auto-renewed my subscription and hid behind corporate policy to avoid helping me or issuing a refund.

The fact is that I had cancelled my account (though it was not easy to do as they make it extremely difficult to cancel).  However, for some unknown reason my membership renewed and I was charged again.  I had attempted to resolve this issue and was ultimately escalated to a supervisor named Gabrielle Shiner.  She was unhelpful and also used “Our Company Policy” to avoid helping me.

Gabrielle Shiner was condescending and had absolutely refused to empathize with my situation.  I asked how is it possible to be on auto-renew when I had cancelled my account in the first place. The response was that I did not cancel “properly”.  What is the definition of “properly?  As I mentioned, it was not easy to cancel, but I did cancel eventually and after a considerable amount of time online.

In the end, I was not issued a refund and no one at this company was able to explain how my account was able to auto-renew when I had, again, cancelled my account. This is a clear attempt to generate revenues and increase shareholder value while sticking it to the consumer.  Do not use this website.

(((REDACTED))) @outlook.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2013 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HowAboutWecom/New-York-New-York-11201/HowAboutWecom-EaterDating-Eater-DatingThis-Life-Inc-Deceptive-Business-Activities-Con-1098574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HowAboutWe.com