Complaint Review: Howard Ely, Managing Editor, The International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Tue, May 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:Newark New Jersey
Howard Ely, Managing Editor, The International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Howard Ely, Managing Editor, Chandler Viccio, Charlene, Editors, Publish Today , The International Library Of Poetry Fraud, Deception and Lies Owings Mills Maryland

Fraud, Deception and Lies:

I feel like I have been manipulated from the very beginning by International Library of Poetry. First they told me how my poetry was hand picked by a Committee who certified my poems for semi-finalist. They published about eleven of my poems for their own books and put at least three on CD"S for Sound Poetry. I never won or made a dime in their poetry contest. But they were so good they just had to get my permission to publish them. They got me at least five times to purchase their books for $49.99 because my poetry was in them one time. To tell the truth when I began to read some of the poetry in the books a lot of them did not even make no since to me at all and the truth is I did not even understand some of them what they were saying or writing about with understanding. In 2007 I published my first book with them I paid over a thousand dollars for eighty-two pages. I paid over a hundred dollars for them to proof read my book for errors and the honest truth is I had to call them back at least five times for them to correct errors that I found. I personally felt that I did a good job in writing my book because I combined poetry with true life events that happen to me and my family while we were growing up. I just turned fifty in April and I received a lot of compliments about my writing. My main compaint now is I have been calling International Poetry since December because I wanted to purchase more books even though I feel they have been over charging. if I get twenty-five books I pay almost four-hundred dollars which forced me to sell each book for twenty-dollars to pay them half of my earnings. I have not been able to reach them by phone since December and now in May when I call this number no longer exist. 410-356-2000. They did not notify me by letter or phoneto let me know why I can't no longer get in touch with them. I have to read on the internet that they have been scamming people for their money. I need to purchase more books because I have already invested over two-thousand dollars in publishing and trying to sell them to pay them and make a profit myself. I need to know what my rights are concerning this matter because I truly believe in my book and I put my heart and soul into publishing this book with a company that was not even worthy. They have made so much money off of people like me who just wanted to write and publish their first book. When I seen that they only cared about making money for themselves I stopped buying their books and tried to focus on selling my own. We need your help these people need to be held accountable for all the people who they have lied ,cheated and deceived. Please put this information in your Ripoff Report so that other's will truly see what these people have done to our children and adults. They made us think that they were helping us and all the time they were helping themselves to our money and time that we put in to write poetry. They got rich through our family and friends who supported us.

Trennedy
Newark, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Howard-Ely-Managing-Editor-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Howard-Ely-Managing-Editor-Chandler-Viccio-Charlene-Editors-Publish-Today-The-Inter-451212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Howard Ely, Managing Editor, The International Library Of Poetry

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC