Complaint Review: Howard Johnson

• Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Howard Johnson Larceny Long island city, New York

*Consumer Comment: Future advice

*Consumer Suggestion: Who, in their right mind, leaves $570 cash in a motel room?

I booked this hotel for a night on 7/12/2012 long story short I had an emergency that the hotel was well aware of and by law were not supposed to go into the room to touch any of my belongings. I called them to let them know what time I'd be by to come get my things around noon on 7/13/2012. I spoke to a girl named Monica at the front desk....who was never informed of what took place the prior night.... She claimed my door was left open which is a bold faced lie. So, I then told her to get all of my belongings out of the room. Including my $570 which was in the business desk. I called her back about 15 mins later to confirm everything was in my belongings. She said YES... Including the money. I told her thank you and I'd leave her a tip for being honest when I arrive. Her shift was over at 4pm. I then called around 7pm to speak to moochie another agent at the front desk to reassure ALL of my belongings were there. He also Said yes... And ask what time I'd Ve in to puck it up? I told him about 1AM.... Ok, I got there about 1:30AM 7/14/2012 went threw my bag and everything is there besides my money oops I forgot they left me .50 cents. I confronted the front desk agents about it everyone seemed to be lost... I asked them to call Monica they refused said it was "too late" they then called they're unprofessional manager who said there's nothing he could do for me. The police were called and there's a pending investigation. Now as of 7/14/2012 @ 11:30 am I spoke to Monica who is now switching her story saying she didn't go up to the room and didn't know about any money after I confirmed twice with her the money was in my property. So BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Howard-Johnson/Long-island-city-New-York-11101/Howard-Johnson-Larceny-Long-island-city-New-York-912660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Howard Johnson

Future advice

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Hotels/Motels usually provide a safe for just this reason.

I wish you luck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Who, in their right mind, leaves $570 cash in a motel room?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Sorry you lost your money, but this was a REALLY DUMB thing to do.  Use this as a lesson for the future.