Complaint Review: Howard L. Nations

• Updated: Sat, September 22, 2012

• Reported By: Sheila — kansas city Missouri United States of America
Howard L. Nations
4515 YOAKUM BOULEVARD Houston, Texas United States of America

Howard L. Nations The company is refusing to compensate me in a timely manner for my seroquel lawsuit.Missouri has already settled their seroquel cases.I was told I will be paid sooner than one year.The lawyer firm is Houston, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: The Nations Firm - 100% Integrity

*General Comment: Response

*UPDATE Employee: The facts about disbursing settlement funds

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: wait just a bit longer

*Consumer Comment: OBEY "What a JACKA** YOU ARE"

*Consumer Comment: Howard Nations Settlement Payout

*General Comment: Howard Nations Dragging feet on my case too

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: They ripped me off too.

*Consumer Comment: hello owner of company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Howard L Natiions - Settlement in a timely manner.

*Consumer Comment: Was this a class action suit?

The  Attorney firm has not been honest with me about when I receive my seroquel settlement.I was told to send in my Affidavitt quickly to be paid in a couple of weeks.Then I was told by Charles Bailey that the case is not near settling.I ws told by a reliable source that seroquel cases has been settled in Missouri and Howard L. Nations law firm is very dishonest with me and refusing to pay me my settlement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2010 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Howard-L-Nations/Houston-Texas-77006/Howard-L-Nations-The-company-is-refusing-to-compensate-me-in-a-timely-manner-for-my-sero-652471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Howard L. Nations

The Nations Firm - 100% Integrity

AUTHOR: Notmyfirstdayattherodeo - (United States of America)

Mr. Nations holds many great titles that he earned for helping people nationwide for over 40 years. He is praised by many of our clients day in and day out by phone, letters and emails. He has great integrity and he complies with the Medicare laws that have been in place for many, many years.

#2 General Comment

Response

AUTHOR: B Cox - (United States of America)

I understand that your firm has to hold funds in escrow for possible payment of any Medicare and/or Medicaid lien.  However, six months should be more than sufficient time for this process to be completed.  I work in a law firm, and we receive responses to inquiries of subrogation lien amounts from Medicare and Medicaid within 90 days.

It has been 6 months since my initial disbursement, I have received no word from your firm regarding the balance of my funds, and have received no response to my inquiries from your firm.  This is not the way to treat your clients, communication is vital to good client relations.  Please get this matter finished so we can all put this behind us.  Thanks.

The facts about disbursing settlement funds

AUTHOR: Nations Law Firm - (United States of America)

The Medicare Secondary Payer Act requires that Medicares and Medicaids interest be satisfied prior to disbursement of any funds to claimants.  This is binding federal law, as opposed to another excuse, that cannot be ignored by clients or our firm.  Medicare has requirements for the manner in which liens are validated and/or satisfied and unfortunately, these do not include clients calling and asking whether they owe the agency anything.

As for the issue of an additional ten percent being withheld from initial disbursements, the alternative would be for us to wait until everything in the case is finished before disbursing any funds.  This ten percent is released to clients at the conclusion of the case.  Withholding a small amount from the initial disbursement and then releasing it at the conclusion of the case is necessary because the exact payment amount cannot be calculated until all aspects of the case are complete.  Most of our clients appreciate our efforts to make an initial disbursement, rather than making none until the case is complete.

Our firm has a terrific record of processing settlements in large complicated cases.  Unfortunately, there are always some clients that are simply not capable of understanding the process.  These clients require us to spend time responding to internet complaints and frequent calls and slow down payments to other clients.  We will continue to do our best for our clients, despite the hurdles created by a few.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

wait just a bit longer

AUTHOR: robert - (United States of America)

As I have posted here to because I was ripped off,there is something that can be done people.power attorneys are just people,that's it.I kno some people that can help as well as its almost time to start what I suggested,a website strategically placed with good keywords.I was on this med because I am bipolar.when I start something my mind doesn't stop til done.I have taken on Hewlett Packard,as well as others before by myself.I also have the help of a private lawfirm and assistant d a to guide and help in matters.it seems right off we were all asked a question ? Do you have Medicaid liens ? How many of you knew you had these? Also we were told 40 percent? How many of you had 50 percent taken ? As well as bogus Medicaid liens ? Understand Medicaid will find a way to keep your money and Howard nations will not fight.my theory here is Howard nations already knew this and one fine lady representing them told me this.so conclusion in all fairness I'm giving Howard nations two weeks to do the right thing then ill start what I said I would.If you guys want to help I would like to know the stories you were told and when i build the website I ll leave a comments area for everyone represented to tell their story but make it sound professional no cursing.while this is going on I will be in contact with some people that are saying since none of this was in writing Howard nations has overstepped their bounds.by the way were any of you told three different ways you would recieve your money ? And did you end up getting it in two checks? Lol let's let ripoff report accumulate.one way or another we will get our money

OBEY "What a JACKA** YOU ARE"

AUTHOR: mramos1119 - (United States of America)

you are a true jacka**...you and HLN ripped us off so go sit on a bike with out the seat!!!!!!

Howard Nations Settlement Payout

AUTHOR: Audreynette - (United States of America)

I agree with the Consumers who filed complaints against Howard Nations.  The responses given by their staff are very misleading and could possibly be construed as lies because of the semantics used in the correspondence.  I too only received $2058. and never agreed to any additional 10% holding for medicare or medicaid liens.  A total of $1495 was held for medicaid and $748 for medicare. I wasn't aware of this until I received the check.  I have been trying to find out from Medicare and Medicaid what's up with these so-called Liens and whether they have been settled or paid.  No one will allow you to correspond with the Settlement Administrator, who doesn't have a site up with the most recent developments.  There should be some one who can get to the real issues involved here for the Consumer who can't fight these law firms.  I need my funds and would like to be told when I can receive them.

#7 General Comment

Howard Nations Dragging feet on my case too

AUTHOR: MissStevie - (United States of America)

Dear Howard Nations If you don't know when the check is coming Don't Lie and tell me a fake date... Or transfer me to someone else who can lie better.....I feel as if i am being misrepresented also. I am receiving this settlement on behalf of my Mother who passed away from Cancer it was clear through her body.. Dr.s Claimed it was lung cancer but it was also found in her pancrease. <-- Spelling

I keep hearing check will be sent out in 1 week, then 4 weeks then 6 to 8 weeks.I believe this drug killed my Mother.. These people act like i'm being nosy when i call about when the check is coming.. Would like to have the money to put my poor mothers ashes in a real urn and not a ice chest i purchased from a retail store.. This is not fair..

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

They ripped me off too.

AUTHOR: domenick27 - (United States of America)

Howard Nations lied, cheated, and stole from me too. They held over 2200.00 in medicaid liens, and another 10% that (all of the sudden) popped up when I got my check. They told me it was some(10% across the board holdback). They make you wait years to finally pay you. They lied to me EVERY TIME I CALLED, AND NOW THEY'RE JUST STEALING MONEY.

hello owner of company

AUTHOR: robert - (United States of America)

Yes you represented me in the seroquel lawsuit.so far your firm has lied to me in everyway possible.the reason why I know they lied is because on the next call your next representative said they did as well as my recordings.also you took your 40% plus a 10 % not agreed upon as well as a Medicare lien and Medicaid lien.I ended up with 2059.if you would like to grow some balls and call me I'd love to discuss the lies and let you hear recordings and please understand that your power attorney title seems to only apply to you using your power against your clients to get what you can because you can't do it up against astrazeneca.believe me when I say that we agreed in writing on 40 % not 50%.as far as Medicare and Medicaid liens u once again bent over because you got your money.listen we can fight all day on here.call me lol I got a whole lot more and instead of doing the normal of complaining on the internet if we don't reach agreement I'm going to locate everyone you have represented and build my own website with some good Google keywords for you.so like I said if u r the owner call me and get smartassed with me I would love to help you out.when I'm done and your thinking you wana kick some a*s lol well b more than glad to oblige u partner

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Howard L Natiions - Settlement in a timely manner.

AUTHOR: Obey - (United States of America)

Who the hell are you? to ask if the firm is giving you your settlement in a timely manner. The fact of the matter is that you are getting a settlement in the first place. How dare you tell the firm that got your settlement in the the first place for you and thousands of others how to operate their business. It is not for you to question what is a timely manner as long as you get it.

The next time you need to sue someone or a company I suggest you do it on your own without the resources of the firm that you, not them came to for help. Be thankful that you are getting a settlement in the first place. What a "Schmuck".

Was this a class action suit?

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Because the lawyers take their share first then dole out the remainder to plaintiffs - usually you get little to nothing after court costs, fees, etc etc.