Complaint Review: Hribar Truck and Equipment

• Updated: Sun, September 09, 2012

• Reported By: Tankergirl — Midland Texas United States of America
Hribar Truck and Equipment
1821 E Frontage Sturtevant, Wisconsin United States of America

Hribar Truck and Equipment Tom JR, Semipartsman(ebay),semipartsman.com False Representation Sturtevant, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Pretty sad

*Consumer Comment: semipartsman

*Author of original report: Update

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: USED APU UNIT ISSUE

We found an APU on eBay from SemiPartsMan (Hribar Corp).  We called and talked to Tom Jr.  He told us the unit was complete and in good working condition.  We put a deposit on the APU.  We picked the APU up 2 weeks later and paid the remaining balance.  We took the APU to be installed.  The shop told us the APU would not start or shut off on it's own.  The ECU (the brain) and relay were bad and needed replaced.  The shop informed us there was no way the unit was running when it came off the previous truck.  I called Tom Jr and explained this to him, to which he offered no help or compromise.  Claiming the invoice said "sold as is".  I will be filing suit in small claims court because Tom Jr is an idiot if he thinks "sold as is" on an invoice is protection against lying and misrepresentation.  I will never do business again with Tom Jr or Hribar Corp.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2010 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hribar-Truck-and-Equipment/Sturtevant-Wisconsin-53177/Hribar-Truck-and-Equipment-Tom-JR-Semipartsmanebaysemipartsmancom-False-Representatio-612999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hribar Truck and Equipment

Pretty sad

AUTHOR: richard - (United States of America)

I think when people purchase items then the products should unless stated otherwise. Used is used but it does not in any way shape or form does it mean that the product should arrive defective because its "used." So if its sold "as is" then the seller should have provided information regaurding the defects or described the unit as defected but if the seller did such a thing then no one would purchase it. Instead of doing the right thing the seller hides behind the sold "as is" claime. Pretty pathetic.

semipartsman

AUTHOR: ken - (United States of America)

I have bought several parts over a 4 year span. Tom has shipped the products sight unseen to my home in Maryland. We have never had a problem. The parts consisted of doors,truck bed and other items. I also removed my APU from my truck to relocate it and burned up the control unit (the white box on the back wall of the unit) it happens. You cant always believe those carrier repair shop except for the one in Indianapolis Indiana. Also AS IS means as is, buying used products it happens.

Update

AUTHOR: Tankergirl - (United States of America)

The "non authorized installer", the shop you raved about, one of your very good customers, and told us to make sure we told them we got the APU from you. You never had a discussion with them.  You spoke to me about bringing the replacement part.  I called you and you told me you wouldn't do anything for me, and that I needed to look at my invoice because it said "sold as is".  I then spoke to your father.  After that you then called and offered the part.
If hard to please is wanting what you paid for, then yes I am hard to please.  I appreciate you bringing the USED replacement part 15 miles, like you told me on the phone, you were going that way anyway.  Unfortunately we still do not have a working APU.  Which you know, because the bill you received for the labor of the part swap stated that. I filed this report because I paid for a "working unit in good condition".  This is not what I received.  I received an APU that not only would not run on it's own, the AC compressor is bad (we know this from once we actually got it running).  Paying 1/3 of the price of the APU new, is not spectacular for an APU that is 4 years old and came off a wrecked truck.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

USED APU UNIT ISSUE

AUTHOR: Hribar Truck - (United States of America)

After discussion with the non authorized installer we Thomas Hribar Truck

drove 30 miles and provided a replacement part and agreed to take care

of labor to resolve issue.  Have no idea why she would place a report on this site

after we went out of our way to take care of issue.  Unit was sold for 1/3 the

cost of new.  Don't know what else we could do.  Some people you can't please

unfortunately.