Complaint Review: Hsbc - Gm Credit Card

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 16, 2010

• Reported By:clinton Michigan
Hsbc - Gm Credit Card
hsbccredit card.net Salinas, California U.S.A.

Hsbc Gm Credit Card ripoff raised interest rates to 32 percent Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Jeff, Make sure to stay at this site and type in 271454 and read....

We had a gm card since 1999 and in the fall of 2006 my wife made a payment that was late by a few days. They raised our interest rate from 21 percent to 32 percent. I called GM credit card services and complained to them and they told me there was nothing they could do and to check back at a later time. So I called HSBC bank in Salinas California and talked to a accounts manager who said to call back in a few days after he could investigate the case. He lowered the rate back down to 21 percent. So everything was good,then last month,February of 2007 they raised it back up for no reason at all to 32 percent again. I called GM credit card services and ask why ,if there were any late payments and they said NO//// I said I had this all taken care of and you messed it up again. Again they told me that nothing could be done so I sent them what I owed them and closed out the account. I was asked why I was closing the account and I told them because of the lies and BULL----. Then I asked the person that I was talking to what he put down for closing the account and he told me he put down closing account for personel reasons and so I told him that was just another lie on there part again. Then he also asked me if I was interested in doing a balance transfer to the account that I was closing. I could not beleive the stupidity of there staff to ask such a stupid question. HSBC is only interested in money and has no feelings for there customers. So do not do business with this bank unless you look over your shoulder/////

Jeff
Clinton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hsbc-Gm-Credit-Card/Salinas-California/Hsbc-Gm-Credit-Card-ripoff-raised-interest-rates-to-32-percent-Salinas-California-239939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hsbc - Gm Credit Card

Jeff, Make sure to stay at this site and type in 271454 and read....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Betty's Ripoff Report from August 30th, 2007. (It's Ripoff Report #271454.)

Read all of the consumer comments too.

*Look at what was posted in 'Consumer Comment #1' on September 3rd, 2007, one year BEFORE the "Collapse of the U.S. economy".

It all came true, didn't it?

Happy Holidays!